A resume for a bartender with no experience is supposed to be focused on your transferable skills in hospitality and customer service field. Adding knowledge of bartending industry standards will put more weight in your resume.
The organization to which you are applying might have a prescribed application form that can be written manually, it is still proper etiquette to incorporate a typed bartender cover letter and a bartender resume that contains sections of your objective, education, strengths, experience (Volunteer, part-time, summer internship etc.) and relevant skills.
Remember that a resume for Bartender position is a document that sells you to an employer. It is like a sales brochure that tells an employer what mettle you have and what you can bring to an organization in terms of skills and expertise. Potential employers can find a lot about a candidate.
Look at the following resume example which is designed for entry level bartenders having no experience in hand. You can tailor it as per your requirements.
Bartender Resume Sample – No Experience
906 Patricia Drive – Commack, NY 90212
Contact #, Email
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Bartender with Starwood Hotels utilizing hospitality education, front desk experience and customer focused approach in order to maximize the efficiency of the hotel.
A.A, Customer Service and Hospitality | Jan 2014
Commack City College – Commack, NY
• Hands-on training in bartending from the ABC Bartending School
• Well versed in identifying and mixing drinks to make perfect concoction
• Committed to demonstrate genuine hospitality and provide quality services to customers
• Demonstrated ability to keep the bar clean and organized by following hygiene rules and procedures
• Thorough understanding of providing garnishes pertinent to types of drinks
• Particularly effective in engaging customers in conversation in a professional yet friendly manner
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Empathetic and quick to connect to people
• Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced and noisy environment
• Computer: MS Office Suite
• Bilingual: Spanish and English
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – Commack, NY | Summer 2013
Front Desk Agent
• Greeted, checked-in and settled guest accounts at the same time as ensuring all service standards are followed
• Assisted guests about hotel facilities in an obliging manner
• Kept the front desk area clean
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Member of the school debates society
• Active member of the school dramatics and swimming clubs
• Performed volunteer work at SOS Children’s Village