Bakery clerks are responsible for managing the cash counter in a bakery along with ensuring that the best customer service is provided all times. In small bakeries, bakery clerks may be responsible for making deliveries to retail outlets. They may also assist the baker from time to time.
A compelling resume for a bakery clerk job is very important for your success because hiring managers see loads of job applications and have a very little time to thoroughly screen each resume. Prospective employers want to know exactly what can you do for their bakery, your relevant skills and qualifications – without reading too much irrelevant details. A one page resume is perfect for those with a little or no experience. Two pages are good for experienced bakery clerks.
12 Kaokoa Way, Haiku, HI 11123
(000) 949-1999 | bob @ email . com
Bringing expertise in managing cash, customers and bakery related work.
Professional Summary: Dedicated and customer service-oriented Bakery Clerk with 8+ years’ firsthand experience in preparing, baking, packaging, pricing, and merchandising products in a prompt and friendly manner. A courteous individual who is highly skilled in reviewing daily orders and engaging customers by offering product information. Demonstrated ability to display goods properly process cash transactions.
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and efficiently in a team environment
• Profound ability to perform basic business math calculations
• Able to stand and work for long periods of time
• Good manual dexterity
• Able to communicate effectively by talking, writing and listening
• Worked as a back-up baker for three days in the absence thereof without compromising the quality or the taste of existing bakery products
• Managed bakery items for a 200 person tea party at Hilton Hotel ensuring quality and timeliness of the order
Vanilla Bakers – Haiku, HI | Jan 2010 – Present
• Greet customers and provide required information regarding bakery products
• Place special orders and ensure on-time delivery
• Weigh and label products
• Monitor product pricing, pricing and signage
The Fresh Market – Haiku, HI | May 2008 – Jan 2010
• Displayed good in the manner befitting appearance and shelf life
• Assisted baker in baking muffins, cakes, pies, rolls and breads as and when required
• Made deliveries to retail outlets as and when necessary
• Managed cash registers and reconciled receipts
Specialized Courses in Baking – 2008
Lone Star Technical College, Haiku, HI
Associate of Science in Retail Management – 2007
ABC College, Haiku, HI