Resumes for a position of extreme responsibilities are often difficult to write because convincing a prospective employer that you are the best babysitter to take care of their children is not easy. Therefore, you need to know exactly what to write in your resume that will guarantee an interview.
Babysitter Resume Format
After you write your contact information on the top, the real test of your resume writing skills starts. Below are some sections which must be included in a resume for babysitting job:
Career Objective/Summary: It is an optional section of resume. If written appropriately and targeted, it will develop the interest of the prospective employer to read the rest of your resume.
Babysitting Skills/Core Competencies: Write your relevant skills in this section. This section will helpful for employer to interview you. Also it will helpful if the prospective company is using ATS or any other program to scrutinize resumes.
Professional Experience/Accomplishments: Your work experience comes next. Provide information about your relevant experiences as well as your achievements. Include relevant job duties such as prepared nutritious food for them, assisted them in changing clothes, helped with homework and cleaned the house. There are many other duties that you can list depending on your individual job setting.
Education: Write your educational background in this section.
Additional Capabilities (Optional): There are several bullet points you can put in this section such as attention to detail, knowledge of age appropriate nutritional needs, excellent communication skills, ability to handle crisis, and ability to provide first aid and CPR.
See also: Babysitter Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Babysitter Position
233 Atlanta Street # 3, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Residence: (000) 999-7777 ♦ Cellular: (000) 101-2222 ♦ Email: julia @ email . com
❖❖ BABYSITTER ❖❖
Child’s Safety First
Performance Summary: Friendly and disciplined Babysitter with 4+ years’ progressive experience in nurturing and developing children of different ages. Detail-oriented individual who has a special talent for preparing meals and formulas, serving meals, handling children’s overall activities, changing diapers and managing timetable as instructed by parents. Well-versed in monitoring the safety and well-being of children all times. Thorough understanding of age appropriate nutritional needs.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Clean medical and criminal background
• Current driver’s license with excellent driving record
| BABYSITTING SKILLS|
|– Behavior Management||– Tutoring||– Attention to Detail|
|– Meal Preparation||– Night Wakening||– Emergency Handling|
|– Bathing and Grooming||– House Safety||– Hazards Prevention|
|– Diaper Changing||– Curriculum Implementation||– Hygiene Maintenance|
Ms. Elisha Doe’s Family, Edmonton, AB | Jan 2013 – Present
• Bathe and dress infants and toddlers
• Change diapers and provide toilet training
• Prepare formulas and bottle-feed infants
• Prepare nutritious meals for children in keeping with employer’s instructions
• Arrange activities, games and day trips to give amusement and exercise to kids
• Take complete responsibility of children in the absence of parents
• Perform light housekeeping tasks
Star Babysitting Company, Calgary, AB | May 2012 – Jan 2013
• Helped parents with meal preparation, laundry, washing dishes and running errands
• Oversaw children’s homework and assignments
• Assisted parents in child control and family management
• Provided a fun and safe environment to children
• Took care of pets and garden
St. Louis Public School, Edmonton, AB – 2012
High School Diploma
STRONG REFERENCES available