Resumes for a position of extreme responsibilities, such as babysitter, are often difficult to write because convincing a prospective employer that you are the best individual to take care of their child is not an easy job. After all you are taking responsibility of children. Therefore, you need to know exactly what to write in your resume that will guarantee an interview.
Babysitter Resume Format
After you write your contact information on the top, the real test of your resume writing skills starts. Below are some sections which must be included in a resume for babysitting job:
Career Objective/Summary: It is an optional section of resume. If written appropriately and targeted, it will develop the interest of the employer to read the rest of your resume.
Babysitting Skills/Core Competencies: Write your relevant skills in this section. This section will helpful for employer to interview. Also it will help your candidacy for you if prospective company is using a resume parsing software.
Professional Experience/Accomplishments: Your work experience comes next. Provide information about your relevant experiences and a list of achievements. You can say that you entertained your wards, prepared nutritious food for them, assisted them in changing clothes, helped with homework and cleaned the house. There are many other duties that you can list depending on your individual job setting.
Education: Write your educational background in this section.
Additional Capabilities (Optional): There are several points you can put in this section such as attention to detail, knowledge of age appropriate nutritional needs, excellent communication skills, ability to handle crises, ability to practice first aid and CPR.
See also: Babysitter Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Babysitter Position
233 Atlanta Street # 3, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Residence: (000) 999-7777 ♦ Cellular: (000) 101-2222 ♦ Email: julia @ email . com
❖❖ BABYSITTER ❖❖
Child’s Safety First
Performance Summary: Friendly and disciplined Babysitter with 3+ years’ progressive experience in nurturing and developing children of different ages. Detail-oriented individual who has a special talent for preparing meals and formulas, serving meals, handling children’s overall activities, changing diapers and managing timetable as instructed by parents. Well-versed in monitoring the safety and well-being of children all times. Thorough understanding of age appropriate nutritional needs.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Clean medical and criminal background
• Current driver’s license with excellent driving record
| BABYSITTING SKILLS|
|● Behavior Management||● Tutoring||● Attention to Detail|
|● Meal Preparation||● Night Wakening||● Emergency Handling|
|● Bathing and Grooming||● House Safety||● Hazards Prevention|
|● Diaper Changing||● Curriculum Implementation||● Hygiene Maintenance|
Ms. Elisha Doe’s Family, Edmonton, AB | Jan 2013 – Present
• Bathe, dress and feed infants and toddlers
• Change diapers and provide toilet training
• Prepare food recipe and meals for children in line with employer’s directions
• Arrange activities, games and day trips to give enjoyment and exercise to kids
• Take complete responsibility of children in the absence of parents
• Perform light housekeeping tasks
Star Babysitting Company, Calgary, AB | May 2012 – Jan 2013
• Helped parents with meal preparation, laundry, washing dishes, running everyday jobs and other scheduled housekeeping duties
• Watched over children’s homework assignments
• Assisted parents in child control and family management
• Bathed and dressed infants and toddlers
• Took care of pets and garden
St. Louis Public School, Edmonton, AB – 2007
High School Diploma
STRONG REFERENCES available