Personal Support Workers provide continuing or temporary home support services to individuals and families for the duration of incapacitation, period of recovery or family trouble. They are usually employed by government organizations, non-profit and home care agencies, or they might work independently. They also provide elderly clients with support and individual care in residential settings.
If you are looking for a rewarding and satisfying job as a personal support worker than you need to know about writing a good resume for this job along with an effective cover letter for personal support worker. Look at the following sample in order to create a good resume for your job application.
Also See: Objectives for PSW Resume
PSW Resume Sample
|Mary Smith, CNA||33 Example Street ● Calgary, AB S9R 6E9|
(999) 999-9999 ● [Email Address]
❖❖ PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER ❖❖
Poised to outperform in personal care tasks.
Professional Summary: Reliable and compassionate individual with 3+ years’ hands-on experience in providing assistance in activities of daily living. Track record of working with clients of different ages and backgrounds. Exceptional caregiving and housekeeping skills. CNA, First Aid and CPR Certified.
● Comprehensive knowledge of implementing personal support plans focusing on the individual’s comfort, needs and interests.
● Great aptitude of managing heavy workload while giving the highest standard of care to every client.
● Proven record of maintaining and representing an optimistic approach towards clients, their families, coworkers and visitors.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Prompt, consistent and able to make and use own plan
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience of dealing with exigent behaviors
• Caring and sympathetic approach
• Flexible in every day work and routines
• Possess valid driver’s license, reliable transport and ability to travel excessively
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
• Experience working with people with learning disability or require extra support
Calgary Residential Care Home – Calgary, AB
Personal Support Worker | May 2010 – Present
• Ensure that clients receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
• Perform essential paper work
• Teach life skills, way safety, use of community transport and cooking
• Take clients to shopping, trips, communal events, appointments and places of worship
• Prepare nutritious meals for clients
• Ensure the security and safety of the home
• Assist with cash management such as household bills
• Correspond with key agencies and personal service providers in the local society
• Wash, bath, bed bath and assist in shower for patients
• Oversee medicines to clients
Diploma ● Calgary City School, Calgary, AB, 2005
REFERENCES: Available on request
Note: This PSW Resume Sample is also useful for the following positions
• Visiting Homemaker
• Personal Care Attendant
• Respite Worker
• Foster Parent
• Home Support Worker
• Personal Aide