Among many things to consider when writing a shop assistant resume, the most important one perhaps is customization. Keep the employer specific qualifications in mind. Knowing the needs and required skills of the employer will place you in a better position to build an employer focused resume for shop assistant position.
The skills and qualifications you mention in your resume will remain the same for each company you apply at. However their sequential order will change in priority to the specific firm and so will the resume writing style. This means you will be using a different version of your resume while applying at various shop assistant positions. Similarly you will be writing the most specific job relevant experience on the top in each version of your resume.
Let us see how a shop assistant will write a resume to mention his/her skills and qualifications in the most effective way.
See also: Cover Letter for Shop Assistant Resume
322 Rocky Ave ● Lubbock, TX 56054 ● (008) 444-5555 ● grace @ email . com
Eager to exceed sales through exceptional selling techniques and great customer service.
Tedious and detail oriented shop assistant offering 4 years of hands-on experience with busy retail environments. Demonstrated ability to organize the store aesthetically ensuring high quality buying experience for customers. Particularly effective in maintaining records of merchandise in shelves and products sold. Extremely capable of working in a team environment and follow instructions to support shop goals and drive revenue.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Customer Service||● Communication||● Merchandise Display|
|● Forklift Operations||● Inventory Maintenance||● Delivery Collection|
|● Account Maintenance||● Sales Documentation||● Cash Till Operation/ POS|
|● Funds Transferring||● Order Processing||● Annuity Reporting|
✔ Minimized stock loss due to improper storage by 100% and ensured timely and appropriate storage of incoming stock and stock forwarding with priority to expiry date
✔ Upsold a product launched a year back by re arranging the available stock in an appealing manner and notifying potential buyers regarding the same
✔ Enhanced overall clientele up till 30% by maintaining updated knowledge regarding all products available and responding to client queries effectively
✔ Reduced customer waiting time by 5 minutes by ensuring categorical display of all products in the store which made product retrieval quicker and easier
Shop Assistant | Dean’s Super Store, Lubbock, TX | 2012 – Present
Maintain up to date knowledge of all products being sold and respond to customer queries promptly in light of same. Optimize sales by coming up with catchy displays of products and suggesting additional relevant products to customers.
Helper | Macy’s Departmental Store, Lubbock, TX | 2010 –2012
Received merchandise and arranged it in the store, replenished racks on the assigned floor as needed. Assisted in maintenance and cleanliness of assigned floor.
Diploma : COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL, Lubbock, TX, 2010
534 Martin Avenue ● East Liverpool, OH 44353 ● (309) 999-9999 ● Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Shop Assistant at Pro Shop utilizing knowledge of retail store management and customer service acumen to assist in general store operations efficiently.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Five years of proven service as a shop assistant with leading retail establishments
• Highly skilled in developing product awareness and selling merchandise
• Hands on experience in product displays and implementing best practices to engender excellence in customer service
• In depth knowledge of promoting business by incorporating selling and up-selling techniques
• Achieved sales targets 100% by infusing marketing campaigns and providing excellence in customer care to engender recurring business
• Awarded Employee of the Quarter Award three times in four years following customer feedback and supervisory commendation
• Promoted after only 5 months in the shop assistant role
• Trained 2 new employees
Quik Retails – East Liverpool, OH
Shop Assistant | Mar 2008 – Feb 2013
• Greeted customers and assisted them in selecting and locating items
• Managed window displays and shelf stocking activities
• Performed activities related to inventory procedures
• Resolved customer issues and complaints
• Received deliveries and unpacked items for display purposes
• Operated the cash register when necessary
• Assisted in stock checking and annual stock taking activities
Diploma: ABC High School, East Liverpool, OH, 2007
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Intense ability to stay organized at all times
• Exceptional time management skills
• Basic math and accounting knowledge
• Strong ability to work in a team environment