A cover letter for an Office Assistant Resume or job application is the most important part of your job application package because it persuades the reader to see your enclosed resume.
Cover Letter Writing Tips
● Address your cover letter to the person who has the authority to hire you. You might need to visit the prospective company’s website or make a phone call to identify the hiring manager’s name.
● Divide your letter into 3 – 4 logical and attractive paragraphs.
First Paragraph: Specify your reason for writing by stating the exact title of Office Assistant position. Also mention the source where you found this job ad. Highlight 2-3 most relevant skills which would enable you perform the job efficiently.
Second Paragraph: Relate your experience, skills and abilities to the specific employer’s job description. This will prove that you have the skills necessary to fulfill the job requirements.
Third Paragraph (Optional): Draw attention towards your additional skills and personal traits that qualify you for the office assistant job.
Last Paragraph: Identify the follow-up steps you will take. Take initiative by requesting setting up an interview. Say thanks to the recruiter for their time and consideration. Also include your contact details in the last linen.
The following cover letter examples for Office Assistant Resume will give you a good start in your job application process.
44 Example West Street ● Atlanta, GA 66996 ● 000.222.3333 ● allie @ email . com
January 4, 2016
Ms. Sara Anderson
69 Some Street
Atlanta, GA 63321
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am eager to make a contribution to AA Company’s team in the role of an Office Assistant. Owing to my vast experience in clerical capacities and excellent customer service acumen, I will be able to exceed your expectations.
I have a track record of building and maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers, customers and vendors. My strengths in the general office work such as scanning, typing and filing as well as my exceptional phone handling skills are the reasons of my success in my previous office assistance roles. I have been known for maintaining confidentiality of files, following safety procedures and creating a safe work environment.
As indicated in the enclosed resume, I take my job very seriously by strictly following deadlines, remaining punctual and exhibiting professionalism.
I am confident that I can be an asset to AA Company, and would like discussing further how my administrative skills and passion can address your needs. I will contact your office next week to see if it is suitable arrange either a phone or in-person interview. If you need additional information in the interim, you may contact me at (000) 952-4563.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
54 Garden Street
Irvine, KY 41411
macy @ email . com
January 4, 2016
Mr. Gary Holmes
Manager Human Resources
108 Stacy Lane
Irvine, KY 40192
Dear Mr. Holmes:
After looking through the detailed job description for an Office Assistant position at Soft Tech, I came to conclusion that my profile perfectly fits your job description.
May I draw your attention to a few of my accomplishments in a similar capacity?
• Saved company’s $10,000+ overhead expenses by introducing alternative energy means and office hours management
• Decreased file retrieval time by 30% by introducing online filing systems
• Increased efficiency of office supplies procurement by introducing the “Auto Order” system that sends inventory alerts when supplies run low
To help manage your organization’s office management needs and assist in its growth and expansion, I am eager to bring to the following attributes:
• Competent at office management practices, aimed at organizing office space and supplies according to company protocols
• Well-developed communication skills targeted at managing customers in a manner that will ensure recurring business opportunities
• Adept at performing all kinds of office functions with exceptional accuracy
• Track record of performing general office administration and record-keeping tasks
Reviewing my enclosed resume, you will note my proven results and extensive training in clerical arena. I will contact you next week to see if a mutually time of meeting can be arranged. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.