Like all merchandise related positions, that of a merchandise assistant is quite challenging and it requires a candidate with great attention to detail, vigilance and sense of responsibility to fill in this role. This implies that a resume for the position must entail a candidate who has the above mentioned qualities in addition to the employer specified ones. Below are three golden resume writing rules outlined to facilitate interested candidates in the process of resume writing.
• Address the specific needs of the prospective employer associated with the advertised position.
• Power pack your resume with keywords and power verbs to describe your skills, potential and capabilities.
• Communicate digits that reflect your professional accomplishments.
Below is a merchandise assistant resume sample for further guidance.
|110 Fiery Sq ~ Brandon, FL 33500|
☏ (009) 444-3333 ✉ ashley @ email . com
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Highly dependable and customer service oriented merchandise assistant with great attention to detail. 6+ years’ experience in coordinating and facilitating merchandising, distribution and store operations. Qualifications include:
• Proficient in managing timely shipments of large and small orders while maintaining delivery deadlines effectively
• Competent in conducting market research and suggest pricing updates
• Expert in processing, accelerating and cancelling orders as per sales projection
|– Administrative Assistance||– Client Assistance||– Ad-hoc Reporting|
|– Competition Research||– Clerical Support||– Distribution|
|– Warehouse Coordination||– Shipment Tracking||– Product Sampling|
|– Inventory Keeping||– Supply Replenishing||– Data Entry|
• Enhanced store operations efficiency by 30% through intelligent streamlining and revision of SOPs.
• Enhanced customer satisfaction level by 50% through generation of promotional correspondence with clients and purchase follow-up feedback queries.
• Saved the company from a loss of $16K by vigilantly identifying a whole faulty shipment timely.
CARTERS Inc. Brandon, FL
Merchandise Assistant, 8/2010 to Present
• Assist in accounts payable management and issue customer bills.
• Enter purchase orders in the electronic system and track the same to ensure timely delivery and payment.
• Conduct market research to identify competition and recommend pricing changes to beat competition.
• Maintain sample closet in an organized manner.
FAMILY DOLLAR, Brandon, FL
Store Helper, 4/2008 to 7/2010
• Stocked the material in shelves and placed price tags.
• Assisted clients in finding what they were looking for.
• Maintained merchandise inventory.
• Coordinated with warehouse for supply replenishment.
ST. CLAIRE’S CONVENT, Brandon, FL, 2008
High School Diploma
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs
• Computer literate
12 S Highland Ave | Los Angeles, CA 44434 | (999) 999-9999 | Email
Looking for a position as a Merchandise Assistant utilizing the following qualifications:
• Over 9 years of experience in supporting the daily operational functions within the buying department.
• Highly skilled in working with cross company and vendor partners to ensure timely delivery.
• Proficient in communicating with external sources for deliveries, inventory, distribution, promotions and markdowns.
• In-depth knowledge of reviewing statistical data, customer opinion and price comparisons.
• Good know how of identifying opportunities for growth and items with best and work selling performances.
• Reorganized merchandising procedures and inventory control and brought the processes down to weekly basis as opposed to the 13 day period
• Streamlined department operations so that all available statistical data can be complied easily for generating reports
Needlepoint – Los Angeles, CA 44434
Merchandise Assistant, March 2005 – Present
• Place and track orders and enter purchase information using established systems
• Track shipments of samples and inventory to ensure timely delivery
• Track merchandise and prepare pallets for returns
• Provide reporting on constant and ad hoc basis
• Assist inventory teams with allocations
• Arrange transport for incoming products
• Assist accounts payable and prepare bills
• Run daily “Out of Stocks”
• Stock shelves and mark prices
High School Diploma – 2004
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks
• Exhibit proper phone and personal contact behavior
• Ability to work cooperatively
• Demonstrate initiative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform all basic mathematical calculations and most complex ones