In this Cover Letter and Resume for Medical Assistant, the job hunter focuses on the character of the employment, which is to help medical specialists in their practice. Duties comprise performing clerical and medical tasks to remain the office running efficiently, for instance answering phones, setting up schedule, filling out cover forms, handling mail and organize hospital admissions, laboratory services, and managing billing and secretarial tasks.
Related: Certified Medical Assistant Resume
Cover Letter Sample for Medical Assistant
555 Example Street
Vaughan ON D9V 6V9
May 12, 2011
Ms. Claire Smith
St Louis Community Clinic
333 Ada Boulevard
London, ON H7W #7P
Dear Ms. Smith:
In response to your recent opening for a medical assistant position at St Louis Community Clinic, I am keen to submit my application for the same because your requirements closely match with my skills and expertise.
As you will see on my enclosed resume, I have finished my Diploma in Nursing from Ryerson University and also completed CPR and Medication Aide Certifications. During my seven years of hands-on experience in medical field I have developed strong capabilities in performing relevant tasks such as; keeping care of the treatment rooms, maintaining records of the office and patients, preparing patients for test by performing preliminary physical tests. Moreover, I’m able to maintain a secure, protected, and vigorous work environment by establishing and following predefined standards and procedures. In addition to my relevant experience, I possess outstanding spoken communication and organization skills, aptitude to preserve privacy and have a customer focused approach.
I’d be proud to join your clinic and carry my capabilities to St Louis Community Clinic. I look forward to meeting you to talk about how my knowledge will helpful for your Clinic. I will be contented to come to your office any weekday morning to meet you. In case of any confirmation about my credentials, you can reach me at (089) 129-9009. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Resume Sample for Medical Assistant
This following medical assistant resume sample will give you an idea on writing a powerful and optimized resume for your job application.
555 Example Street, Vaughan ON D9V 6V9
(999) 009-9999, [Email Address]
A knowledgeable and expert medical assistant with the sound knowledge of technical support and medical tasks seeking an appropriate position at St Louis Healthcare.
• More than four years as a Medical Assistant in well-known heath care settings
• Outstanding knowledge of the secretarial and computer tasks for instance word, excel, outlook and access
• Great ability of providing excellent customer service
• Exceptional aptitude to follow the instructions verbally, written and diagrammatically
May 2007 – present
ABC Hospital – Toronto, ON
• Take medical histories and record essential signs of patients
• Prepare patients for examinations, and assist physicians throughout examinations
• Dispose of dirty supplies, and sterilize medical instruments
• Instruct patients regarding medications and special diets
• Give details of cure procedures to patients
• Collect and arrange laboratory specimens and occasionally carry out basic laboratory tests
July 2006 – May 2007
St. Paul Hospital, Windsor, ON
Junior Medical Assistant
• Organized examining room instruments and apparatus
• Took electrocardiograms, eliminate sutures, and change dressings of patients
• kept waiting and examining rooms orderly and clean
• Obtained and maintained supplies and equipment
• Prepare and manage medications
• Approve drug refills, telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy
• Draw blood, prepare patients for x rays
Diploma in Medication and Aid – 2003
High School Diploma – 2002
End of: Cover Letter and Resume for Medical Assistant