A maintenance assistant performs universal maintenance duties and helps the specialist in daily maintenance operations while taking a concrete approach to the completion of all projects. In order to become a Maintenance Assistant, good working knowledge in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, Drywall repair and painting is required.
In your job search for this position, an effective resume along with a maintenance assistant cover letter is vital. It gives a complete summary of your education, skills, experience and qualifications. This important marketing tool shows the match between you and the job description, and determines if you’ll be interviewed.
The following example will assist you in your job application process.
Maintenance Assistant Resume Sample
Andrew K. Smith
589 Example Ave, Jackson, NJ 65987
Contact #, Email Address
Seeking a Maintenance Assistant in Silverado Senior Living where excellent skills and abilities can be utilized to improve the efficiency
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 1 year experience in general maintenance
• Highly skilled in performing routine maintenance tasks and repairs
• In-depth knowledge of preventative maintenance and mechanical systems
• Hands-on experience in work order systems
• Able to operates basic power and hand tools and equipment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, and the general public
• Proven ability to maintain parts, supplies, and equipment
Dec 2010 – Feb 2012
Senior Lifestyle Corporation – Jackson, NJ
• Helped with general repair
• Maintained care of carpets, floors, walls and wall coverings and lights
• Performed routine maintenance check of vehicles and equipment
• Followed schedules for particular cleaning and pest control
• Maintained organization’s shops, storage and mechanical areas to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
High School Diploma – 2010