Instructional Aides are considered the force behind a classroom’s success. This is because they ensure that the entire class is run smoothly and that any issues that arise are addressed before they make an impact. Keeping this in mind, it is obvious that instructional aides are hired after careful screening. This is why, it is important to make sure that the cover letter you write to apply for an instructional aide position is carefully constructed.
In your letter, you should explain why you believe you are a good choice for this position. If you have any achievements to your name, do not hesitate to mention them. Since a cover letter is not a reiteration of a resume, you can leave out your job duties but you can safely mention both your skills and accomplishments, provided that they do not seem repetitive.
See also: Instructional Aide Resume Sample
258 Example 5th Street, # 44D
Long Beach, CA 52214
March 8, 2015
Mr. John Davis
Ryerson Community School
326 Some Street
Long Beach, CA 65221
Dear Mr. Davis:
I would like to be considered for the Instructional Aide position offered at Ryerson Community School. I learned of this opportunity through the New Jersey Recruiting Consortium at Concordia University.
My high level of attentiveness and outstanding communication skills has helped me attain a strong academic and professional record – which imitate my diligence and dedication to success. As per your requirements, I have the following capabilities which match your job profile:
• Special talent for maintaining a safe, clean and comfortable environment
• Competent at assisting the lead teacher in implementing daily activities in the classroom
• Well-versed in classroom organization and record keeping
• Experienced in supervising students during lunch recess, bus duty, assemblies and field trips
• Demonstrated ability to prevent students’ negative behaviors by anticipating problems and keeping them on task
• Substantial knowledge of maintaining equipment and instructional materials
Through my education and summer internships, I have developed a sense of responsibility, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team, even in high-pressure environments. I am certain that I can make a solid contribution to Ryerson Community School.
Enclosed is my resume for your review. I am keen about the position and look forward to meeting with you to discuss this in detail. I can be reached at 000-666-9999. Thank you for your time and consideration.