Your CV for teaching assistant job is a vital part of your job hunting process. It is a document that sells you and your relevant teaching qualifications and expertise to a prospective employer. Your major goal in writing a successful resume is to portray your key skills, relevant experiences and teaching accomplishments in a way that catch the attention of hiring manager. Teaching Assistant resumes which best relate your qualifications to the requirements of school district have chances receive further consideration.
Teaching Assistant Job Description
A teaching assistant is an important post due to the fact that teaching assistants provide great support to lead teachers within a learning environment. It is often quite difficult to handle a class full of students and teaching assistants provide support when managing the different aspects of teaching such as controlling student behaviour, managing resources and acting as lead teaching in the absence of one.
To be an assistant teacher, you need to possess some knowledge of running a smooth class and any certification of course helps. Below is an example of a CV for this position which you may use when applying for this job.
99 Meath Road ● London, E16 3AH ● (20) 89-5841 ● judith @ email . com
Reliably achieving performance improvement and compliance within education arena.
Professional Summary: Children-focused, meticulous teaching professional with 4+ years’ rich hands-on experience in managing the overall activities of a classrooms. Demonstrated ability to prepare/impart lessons and perform teacher-support tasks efficiently. Well versed in dealing with children of different ages and backgrounds. Compassionate, analytic-thinker with a genuine love for children. Skilled in grading students and charting out exam papers.
|● Classroom management||● Clerical support||● Health and safety|
|● Materials preparation||● Appropriate interaction||● Behaviour supervision|
|● Work areas sanitation||● Snacks preparation||● Student assessment|
March 2011 – Present
Phillips High School, London
• Coordinate instructional efforts with lead teacher
• Design and implement lesson plans and curriculum
• Tutor students and assist with assignments and concepts
• Organize and distribute learning resources
• Monitor students during class work and exams
• Manage student behaviour as appropriate
• Plan and develop teaching aides as instructed
• Provide assistant to teachers in terms of preparing lesson outlines
Nov 2010 – Mar 2011
St. Andrew’s High School, London
• Assisted teachers in managing classroom activities
• Observed student’s performance as directed
• Assisted in grading exam papers and homework
• Distributed lesson resources as directed
• Provided assistance to weak students or students with special needs
Oxford College of Education, London, UK
Bachelors of Science in Education – 2005
Majors: Early Childhood Education
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional instructional acumen
• Working knowledge of managing student behaviour
• Good understanding of managing priorities