Clinical researchers need some administrative and research support in order to help them with their work. Clinical research assistants are hired to assist the research staff so that research activities can be carried out without any hitches. A clinical research assistant usually reports to the manager of clinical services.
Some of the duties of a clinical research assistant include managing the front desk, organizing research files, assisting with research studies and programs and verifying research data. The work of people working at this position is mostly clerical in nature although they spend a great amount of time helping with research activities.
If this work interests you, the following resume sample should interest you as well.
3031 Shane Way, Reno, NV 66662
Cellular: (019) 999-3625 | Email:
CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT
SUMMARY: Dynamic and extroverted individual with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in developing and presenting trail protocols and designing data collection forms. Well versed in liaising with healthcare professionals and setting up clinical trails. Profound knowhow of handling filing and collating duties to manage appropriate documentation.
|• Medical Terminology||• MS Office Suite||• Medical Chart Abstraction|
|• FDA regulations||• GCP-ICH||• HIPAA guidelines|
• Solely handled the development and implementation of strategies aimed at increasing patient randomization in clinical trials
• Introduced a database system that recorded trail shipment details and ensures conformation to CRA standards
• Individually handled and coordinated the activities of clinical study participants
• Awarded with the Clinical Research plaque following excellence in providing support services
Henry Ford Health System, Reno, NA | June 2010 – Present
Clinical Research Assistant
• Assist with actual clinical research activities by collecting and recording pertinent data
• Study gathered data to determine accuracy for trials
• Prepare grant applications and enter all information in databases
• Secure and ship clinical specimens in accordance to set protocols
• Make preparations for monitoring visits
• Create charts for review of gathered data
• Summarize research findings and make appropriate presentations
• Review medical records to ensure completeness and accuracy
The University of Nevada, Reno, NA | January 2009 – May 2010
Clinical Research Intern
• Provided front desk support to the research department
• Took orders for handling research activities
• Performed research activities in accordance to the orders provided
• Study research materials to ensure accuracy and relevance to orders
• Performed filing and data entry duties
The University of Nevada, Reno, NV – 2008
Master of Science in Human Sciences