It is a globally accepted reality that praising someone catches their attention and develops their interest in your conversation. The same applies to recruiters! Praising the company increases the likelihood of your cover letter being read with interest and hence being called for an interview. This is specifically true for an entry level business analyst position when applicant has no practical experience in hand.
The sample below is a good example of a praise-starter cover letter that you can use while writing your own cover letter for a Business Analyst position.
Business Analyst Cover Letter – No Experience
3800 Kilroy Airport Way, 2nd Floor ♦ Long Beach, CA 90806
Cell: (000) 100-3210 ♦ Residence: (999) 111-3333 ♦ Email:
July 25th, 2013
Ms. Leticia Dominic
3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Dear Ms. Dominic:
So definitely, I am writing to apply for a Business Analyst position at Hewlett-Packard as advertised on your website. Why you should hire me, is not only because I am a huge fan of HP gadgets, but because I deem to provide HP with the exact match of skills and qualifications that this position requires. These include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with majors in IT Operations Management
• Two months’ internship experience at Hertz with focus on designing, implementing and interpreting results of new system while working with cross functional teams
• Broad knowledge of processes and methodologies for system development lifecycle, application implementation, and support service gained through several academic projects
• Well-versed in gathering requirements from business users and integrate same into system through the assistance of IT personnel
• In-depth knowledge of different liaison methods, procedures and techniques
In addition, my Green Belt Industry Certification will be of great interest to you as it highly standardizes a business analyst’s working procedures. My excellent grip over MS office including Outlook and Project, as well as Visio and ERP packages will help me perform my duties efficiently while working with you.
For more details please refer to the enclosed resume or contact me on the details mentioned in the header. I’ll be looking forward to hear from you soon with an interview call.
Thanks a lot for your interest.