School aides supervise students in the lunchroom, classroom (indoor recess) and playground. They are responsible for assisting teachers and staff during and after school hours. Their common duties include overseeing students in classroom, playground, cafeteria, during pick and drop and even on field trips. They also provide support to lead teachers in looking after students in class by helping them with assignments and escorting them to the bathroom when necessary. They usually work on a one-on-one basis with students to ensure that they all meet the demands of the instruction provided to them.
People applying for this position needs to be well qualified for providing individual support and need to portray their qualifications when applying in this capacity. Cover letters written for school aide resume especially need to present information in a manner that is sure to catch an employer’s eye.
217 Spring Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 63790
April 5, 2016
Mr. Harley Higgins
Manager Human Resources
Learning To Rise
390 Dark Canyon Road
Sioux Falls, SD 73891
Dear Mr. Higgins:
I am sending this letter and enclosed resume as an application for the position of School Aide at Learning to Rise. My past experiences and a strong commitment to adhere to employer’s core values combined with my passion to follow instructions makes me a perfect candidate for this position.
I can describe myself in two words “Critical thinker and Problem solver”. I possess a diverse skillset to contribute to the mission of your school district:
• Skilled in supervising students in lunchroom, playground and classroom
• Particularly effective in escorting students to and from their buses and assisting them during lunch time
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain meaningful rapport with students, parents and teachers
• Known for keeping a vigilant eye on suspicious activities and monitoring on-campus activities to ensure the safety of staff and students
• Able to perform light housekeeping and grounds-keeping tasks
As a competent and dependable School Aide, I would like to meet with you in person to further discuss the possibility of working with your school. I will call you after two weeks to confirm the receipt of my job application. Meanwhile, I can be reached at (000) 123-9999.
Thank you for your time and consideration.