School aides supervise students in the lunchroom, classroom (indoor recess) and playground. They are responsible for assisting teachers and staff during and after school hours. People applying for this position needs to be well qualified for providing individual support and need to portray their qualifications when applying in this capacity. Cover letters written for this position especially need to present information in a manner that is sure to catch an employer’s eye.
Job Description of School Aide
School aides perform many duties including overseeing students in classroom, playground, cafeteria, during pick and drop and even on field trips. They provide support to lead teachers in looking after students in class by helping them with assignments and escorting them to the bathroom when necessary. They also work on a one-on-one basis with students to ensure that they all meet the demands of the instruction provided to them.
School Aide Cover Letter Example
217 Spring Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 63790
August 25, 2013
Mr. Harley Higgins
Manager Human Resources
Learning To Rise
390 Dark Canyon Road
Sioux Falls, SD 73891
Dear Mr. Higgins:
I would like to apply for the position of a School Aide at Learning to Rise. My past experiences and a strong commitment to the employer’s core values combined with my passion and ability to follow instructions makes me a perfect candidate for this position.
I cannot describe myself better than two words “Critical thinker and Problem solver”. I possess a diverse skillset to contribute to the mission of your school district:
• Skilled in preparing learning environments for students and supervising students in the absence of the lead teacher
• Particularly effective in escorting students to and from their buses and assisting them during lunch time.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain meaningful rapport with students and teachers
• Adept at providing a security presence at the school premises
• Well versed in monitoring activities on-campus to ensure the safety of staff and students
• Able to perform light housekeeping and grounds-keeping tasks
As a reflective and adaptable School Aide, I anticipate meeting you in person to further discuss the possibility of working with your school. I will call you after two weeks to confirm the receipt of my job application. Meanwhile, I can be reached at the contact number and email address given above.
Thank you for your time and consideration.