Paraprofessionals are also known as educational assistants, teacher’s aides, instructional assistants or paraeducators. They usually work in schools to assist certified teachers. They work closely with students – individually or in groups – with assignments by utilizing particular teaching strategies and knowledge. Paraprofessionals also manage classroom activities or tests of students.
A cover letter for paraprofessional position is a letter of introduction that accompanies your job application or resume. It personalizes and presents your relevant skills and qualifications and is written to get you an interview.
The following sample cover letter for Paraprofessional Resume will provide you with the opportunity to make an exceptional letter.
88 Example Street
Boston, MA 52253
June 13, 2016
Ms. Rose K. Anderson, Principal
Boston Public Schools
24 New Wales Street
Boston, MA 52147
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I have three years combined experience with young children and am eager to pursue my career at Boston Public Schools in the role of a Paraprofessional.
I love working with individual and small groups of children to reinforce new skills initially introduced by the teacher. After my student teaching experience last year, I obtained a teacher aide position at Rapides Parish School District where I have further polished my capabilities.
As you will see in my resume, I am well-versed in:
• Assisting lead teacher with instruction and supervision of children in classroom activities, particularly those children identified as having a moderate to severe disability
• Creating and completing classroom documents
• Assisting children in classroom transition times, mealtimes and toileting
• Utilizing appropriate language, interactions and positive discipline
• Maintaining open conversation with parents by scheduling and conducting parent and teacher conferences and home visits
• Interacting with various young children from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
As an tolerant and reliable paraprofessional, I would like to discuss my qualifications and teaching assistance skills in detail. I can be best reached during afternoons at (000) 989-7676. Also, I will call you next week to follow-up.
Thank you for your time and consideration.