Hospice Aide Job Description
A hospice aide gives personal care, helpful services, educate families and patients, and performs light housekeeping duties. S/he communicate changes in patient’s condition to the RN and manage records to reflect assigned duties set by the RN.
A Resume for Hospice Aide position is a document that summarizes your education, qualifications, work experience, patient care skills, training and certifications. It must be tailored to reflect the qualifications and abilities that make you a good fit for the job. To land an interview for a Hospice Aide, craft a well-worded and well-organized resume to impress potential employers.
Following is a professionally written Resume Sample for Hospice Aide position. You may tailor it as per employer’s requirements. Entry Level applicants or career changers having no experience just need to change the experience section.
Tip: Copy and paste this sample resume into MS Word. Choose a font size between 10 – 12. Select a font style that is simple and clear such as Times New Roman or Arial. Also include a Hospice Aide Cover Letter with your job application.
Related: Hospice Nurse Resume Sample
Hospice Aide Resume Sample
65 Example Street ● Ruskin, FL 65987 ● Contact # ● Email Address
Known for giving accurate and detailed attention and care to clients.
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a challenging position as a Hospice Aide with Tri County Hospice making the most of my extremely compassionate nature and excellent patient care skills.
• 3+ years’ experience in personal care capacities
• CNA Certified
• Highly skilled in taking vital signs of patients
• In-depth knowledge of hospice philosophy
• Adept at preparing hygienic and nutritious foods for clients
• Comprehensive knowledge of light housekeeping for patients including linen changes and bed making
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Proven record of maintenance of confidential information including all patient records
|SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|• Oral hygiene||• Tub, shower, whirlpool and bed bath|
|• Hair shampoo||• Toileting and elimination|
|• Range of motion||• Safe transfer and ambulation|
|• Nail and skin care||• Dressing change|
[List you accomplishments here]
Hospice Aide | LifePath Hospice, Ruskin, FL | May 2011 – Dec 2011
• Provided care consistent with written instructions
• Maintained records of patient care, condition, advancement
• Planned, purchased, prepared and served nutritious meals to patients and other family members
• Assisted with ambulation and exercise
• Reported any problems and changes in the patient’s condition to Hospice Nurse
• Assisted with medication that are normally self-administered
Personal Care Aide | Brookdale Senior Living, Westlake, OH | Jan 2009 – May 2011
• Provided personal care to patients including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene and shampoos
• Changed bed linens
• Took and recorded temperatures and blood pressure
• Assisted in dressing and undressing patients
• Provided care to skin and nails
• Assisted in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist
• Performed light laundry tasks
• Planned and prepared nutritious meals, including shopping of groceries
• Assisted in feeding the patient
EDUCATION AND LICENSE
Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Ruskin, FL – 2005
Valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable vehicle