Classroom aides, more popularly known as teachers’ assistants, work in a support position with the lead teacher. They are expected to provide both clerical and instructional support to the teacher.
To apply for a classroom aide position, job seekers usually require an resume along with a supporting cover letter.
The following resume is a good example for those applying as a classroom aide.
7488 Lyndon Avenue, Warwick, RI 77742
(008) 999-0121, Email
Professional Summary: Results-oriented and personable Classroom Aide with 4+ years’ progressive experience in assisting lead teachers and maintaining the discipline of classroom. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and seniors in order to create a friendly and fun environment. Interacts effectively with students of different socioeconomic backgrounds. Excellent communicator who is known for creating and maintaining positive relationships with parents and staff.
• Creation of safe, healthy and clean learning environment
• Continuous supervision of children
• Curriculum development
• Confidentiality maintenance
• Flexible work schedule
RI International School – Warwick, RI
Classroom Aide (Feb 2011 – Dec 2015)
• Assisted students with assignments and accommodation
• Helped class teacher with monitoring activities
• Maintained classroom behavior
• Assisted in planning and executing relevant curriculum
• Developed necessary classroom aides as required
• Assisted with operation of audio and visual aides
• Supervised outdoor student activities
• Maintained student records as instructed
• Assisted in developing and implementing student-ready curriculum based on individual students’ comprehension capability
• Managed a class of special education independently by following and putting in place relevant best practices
Community College, Warwick, RI – 2010
Associate of Science in Early Childhood Education