The summary of qualifications section of administrative assistant resume allows you to state your skills, values and interests to get the notice of the reader. It is a good place to include relevant keywords, buzzwords and requirements that have been mentioned in job description.
Remember it is sometimes easier to make this section once you have written other sections of your resume. Moreover, job description given by the employer will also help you making qualification statements effectively. This section is typically no longer than 4 or 5 sentences. You may write this it in paragraph or bullet form. The summary of qualifications must not duplicate the information further down in your resume.
Tip: It’s better to split your qualifications into bullet points rather than writing a lengthy paragraph.
Take help from the bullet statements below:
Sample Summary of Qualifications for Administrative Assistant Resume
• Highly skilled in greeting visitors, determining nature of business and directing to concerned person
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to visitors
• In-depth knowledge of typing correspondences, reports and other documents
• Proven record of answering telephone, giving relevant information to callers and routing calls to appropriate individual
• Demonstrated ability to schedule appointments and meetings
• Well versed in taking and compiling minutes of meetings
• Thorough understanding of making copies of printed documents, and filing correspondences, reports and records
• Quick at compiling and typing statistical reports and charts
• Adept at arranging travel schedules and reservations
• Computer: Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Communication: Able to work and converse efficiently with all levels of colleagues, clients and other external contacts