An administrative assistant’s job is the best option for an entry level candidate since the hiring criteria depends on individual’s strengths and abilities. They need to show themselves as an organized worker in order to meet the criteria.
A resume for an entry level administrative assistant acts as your ambassador before the employer when you cannot be present to represent yourself. For that reason, it is important your resume should be extremely appealing, clear, brief and accurate both in terms of content and format. To ensure you show an excellent image of yourself, stay away from using standard MS Word templates or unnecessary formatting. Rather, keep it simple and to-the-point.
The following example will give you a basic guideline how to make an Entry Level Administrative Assistant Resume with a professional appearance:
6474 Bitner Road ● Park City, UT 99999
(010) 999-9999 ● Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking an Administrative Assistant position with Ecuador Roots utilizing sharp knowledge of general office procedures in order to ensure smooth office operations while satisfying all stakeholders.
• Thorough understanding of clerical and administrative duties in a fact paced environment
• Proficient in inventory control and supplies management
• Well versed in providing customer services akin to information provision and queries
• Adept at using basic office equipment
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
Utah State University – Park City, UT, 2014
Bachelors of Business Administration
Majors: Office Management
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
|• Typing 65 WPM||• Telephone Reception||• Customer Service|
|• MS Word||• MS Excel||• MS PowerPoint|
|• Internet Research||• Coordination||• Procurement|
|• Transcription||• Inventory Management||• Scheduling|
NYCEDC – Park City, UT | Summer 2014
• Carried out general reception duties; answered phones, and greeted and directed guests
• Responded to inquires in person via telephone and email
• Monitored visitor check-in
• Performed typing, filing and record-keeping activities
• Checked stock and maintained office supplies
• Worked as a volunteer at the school and college offices in three summer vacations
• Volunteered services for Green Peace and Conservation Inc.
• Performed community services for the Old Age Home