Your Administrative Assistant Resume must always be accompanied by an eye-catching cover letter, which serves as a foreword of you and your resume. In fact, it relays the motivation behind your enthusiasm to work for a prospective employer. In your letter, you should prove that your qualifications are extraordinary and you deserve an interview.
Since a lot of staffing is done online these days, it is suitable to send your cover letter by email and should be sent both as an e-mail attachment or pasted directly into the body of an email. Irrespective of the method, it must still be one page or less in length.
Email Subject: Re: Administrative Assistant Position (Job Ref # 8712)
Body of the Email
Ms. Jane Anderson
Human Resources Manager
541 Atlanta Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 69854
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am eager to join ABC Company as an Administrative Assistant because I realize that ABC Company’s dedication to developing excellent team-environment creates a demanding yet satisfying work environment. My Associate Degree with concentration in office management and 1 year of experience as an Administrative Assistant makes me a perfect candidate for this position. I am eager to leverage my professional and academic experience to contribute to your bottom line.
Based on my understanding of your Administrative Assistant position and your business, here are some aspects of my employment history that seem most relevant to meet your needs:
• Reorganized office administrative procedures which resulted 50% increase in overall efficiency.
• Scheduled appointments and tour arrangements efficiently.
• Took dictation from directors and assigned work to staff.
• Adapted to office administrative policies and procedures.
• Prepared and organized records, statistics, and reports about company operations.
• Introduced new strategies, instructions and procedures regarding office cleanliness.
• Composed memos utilizing word processing software, write notes and made presentations.
• Operated complex office machines.
My qualifications coupled with a great enthusiasm to assist others and learn from experiences make me a exceptional candidate for the Administrative Assistant position at ABC Company.
I look forward to meeting with you and demonstrating the match between your requirements and my abilities. I will call you next week to follow up. In the interim, you can contact me any time at (000) 111-1234.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Resume attached in PDF format (John-Resume.pdf)