The following three useful tips will help you build an effective resume for administrative assistant position.
1. Unique Content: Get rid of generic and non-relevant information. Unique resumes work best especially if they are tailored to suit the employer’s specific needs.
2. Performance Summary: Include a performance profile/summary at the very beginning. It gives the employer a glimpse into your abilities and potential. Entry level candidates may write an objective statement instead of a summary.
3. Achievement Oriented: Effective resumes focuses on the candidate’s achievements more than regular duties. Mention what you did above and beyond your duties which was beneficial for your employer.
The following is a well-structured and contemporary resume sample for administrative assistant position.
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
|Harold Kristen||321 Warren Lane | Alachua, FL 87003
(006) 444-5555 | harold @ email .com
Equipped to continue excellence in providing high-level administrative support to multiple departments.
Highly-dependable and organized Administrative Assistant with 6+ years’ success in different administrative capacities. Known to uphold standards of organization, exercising clerical acumen and customer service expertise. Special talent for preparing budgets, creating databases and analyzing complex data. Proven ability to screen and forward incoming calls and complaints.
|✓ Meetings Organization||✓ Calendar Keeping||✓ Meeting Minutes Taking|
|✓ Record Keeping||✓ Inventory Control||✓ Correspondence Handling|
|✓ Travel Arrangements||✓ Documentation||✓ Front Desk Operations|
|✓ Database Management||✓ Payroll Processing||✓ Files Maintenance|
• Researched and verified missing information about reports which saved $20,000 of company’s expense
• Spearheaded the organization of an international conference consisting of 200+ delegates from all around the world successfully
• Increased customer satisfaction level by 40% through education of staff in customer service
• Reduced manual effort by 50% by overhauling client database software system
EDCON, Alachua, FL | 7/2012 – Present
• Organize office meetings and conferences
• Manage stay and travel arrangements of executives and delegates
• Maintain office in a neat clean and organized manner
• Catalogue and label all data files and folders
• Provide assistance to different department in maintaining and retrieving records
• Maintain weekly diary and calendar
• Plan and organize events
• Operate and maintain different kinds of office equipment such as photocopiers
• Orders and maintains office supplies
• Coordinate travel arrangements and hotel bookings
• Create reports, and presentations using the appropriate computer programs
SIMON CONTRACTORS, Alachua, FL | 8/2010 – 6/2012
• Handled front desk tasks and answered telephone calls
• Sorted and distributed all correspondence
• Greeted clients and guided them to the appropriate department or person
• Updated information of all clients and vendors in the automated database system
• Scheduled and issued meeting appointments to clients, vendors and third parties
Business and Organizational Management Certification | 2010
Associate of Arts in Office Management | 2009
St. Louis Community College, Alachua, FL
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Peachtree and Publisher
• Database, Quickbooks
“Organization is lifeblood of office success. I know all kinds of administrative challenges and their solutions”