Professional resume writers have just one piece of advice for people who want their resumes to make a positive first impression.
Stay as close as possible to the job description that a hiring manager has provided in an advertisement.
In the years of 2017 and 2018, keep the style and format of your administrative assistant resume simple and to-the-point.
With this advice, you can write a resume that is as comprehensive and complete as the following sample:
5601 Cornell Road | Nashua, NH 89107 | (000) 904-1490 | buddy.wyne @ email . com
Analytical-minded and highly-organized Administrative professional with over 11 years of progressive experience in maintaining the workflow of office in fast-paced environments. Approachable, friendly and exceptionally helpful, with special focus on improving company processes by providing deep insight into handling administrative work efficiently. Remain focused and calm during busy hours while maintaining exceptional attention-to-detail. Excellent communicator who is known to provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
|• Inventory Management||• Supplier / Vendor Liaison|
|• Travel Arrangements||• Call Handling|
|• Calendar Management||• Filing Systems Development|
|• Correspondence Management||• Agenda Preparation|
|• Networks Establishment||• Expense Reports Reconciliation|
|• Appointments Scheduling||• Records Maintenance|
|• Equipment Maintenance||• Office Supplies Procurement|
• Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Internet Explorer
• Adobe Pro
• Office equipment: Printers, copiers, fax machines
• Outlook calendars
Process Improvement: Improved the inventory management process by incorporating a dynamic model into it which increased its efficiency by 50%.
External Relations: Brought onboard 3 new suppliers who provided services at 50% less cost than the previous ones.
Cost Reduction: Reduced the cost of overheads by a staggering 67% by introducing alternative energy sources during rush hours.
Recordkeeping: Devised a novel and securer record keeping and file management systems, resulting in maintaining the integrity of company data.
Ace Parking Management, Nashua, NH | 2012 – Present
• Effectively respond to requests for information over the telephone and in person
• Identify problems in company filing and record keeping systems and recommend solutions for same
• Retrieve information from filing systems after verifying the rights of the requester
• Prepare and develop meeting agendas and assist in creating meeting packs
• Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and ensure that outgoing mail is delivered to the courier on time
• Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and scanners
• Research and provide assistance with the preparation of policy and procedures manuals
• Pay special attention to confidentiality of information
Ace Parking Management, Nashua, NH | 2007 – 2012
• Recorded, compiled and transcribed minutes of meetings
• Accurately transcribed and distributed minuets to staff
• Scheduled board meetings
• Made travel and hotel arrangements for executives and staff
• Operated telephone exchange, and provided information to callers and relayed messages
• Created and implemented schedules of staff members
WHDL, Nashua, NH | 2006 – 2007
• Handled photocopying, scanning and faxing work
• Safely and accurately operated office equipment
• Created and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems
• Ensured data integrity and confidentiality at all times
Associate Degree, General Business | 2004
Nashua Community College, Nashua, NH
“Eager to make a positive difference with my presence”