Writing your professional CV or biography as an administrative assistant is no small feat – it is as challenging as well, anything!
But unless you do put it out there, how would a prospective employer know anything about you?
Or that you even exist on planet Earth?
Do it – but make it short and sweet – like the following example:
816 Timothy Road | Oshkosh, WI 49487 | (000) 877-5241 | olivebern @email .com
Record of preforming administrative and customer service tasks timely and accurately.
Capable, determined, confident and well-organized administrative assistant, with extensive experience in supporting mid and senior-level managers by providing them with consistent clerical support. Highly approachable individual who has a pleasant attitude and a willingness to make a positive mark.
Highlights of Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the workflow of the office by insuring that all systems are in place and running appropriately
• First-hand experience in organizing and scheduling appointments and planning details of meeting
• Qualified to develop and maintain filing systems in accordance with the company’s established procedures and protocols
• Competent in acting as a sole point of contact for both external and internal agencies and clients
Professional Skills & Areas of Expertise
|✓ Reports Reconciliation||✓ Bookkeeping Support||✓ Scheduling|
|✓ Vendor Liaison||✓ Inventory Management||✓ Correspondence Handling|
|✓ Calendar Management||✓ Banking Relations||✓ Documentation|
|✓ Communication||✓ Outreach Activities||✓ Departmental Coordination|
Cost Reduction: Reduced the cost of office supplies by 65% by brining onboard a less expensive supplier.
System Improvement: Replaced the old manual inventory management system with a dynamic electronic one, resulting in 85% increase in efficiency.
Vendor Relations: Successfully brought onboard 5 vendors, who prioritized the company’s orders, making the supplies system 50% more efficient than before.
Coordination: Increased the level of communication between different departments by effectively liaising between them, for sound information flow.
Epic Entertainment, Oshkosh, WI | 2014 – Present
• Provide high level administrative support to managers and executives by determining their requirements and creating correlating programs
• Make personal and business travel arrangements and confirm details before relaying them to executives
• Create and maintain effective liaison between different departments in order to ensure smooth communication flow
• Contact vendors and suppliers to order office equipment and supplies and follow up with them to ensure timely delivery
Some Company, Oshkosh, WI | 2011 – 2014
• Prepared correspondence such as memos and letters and ensured that they were relayed to intended recipients
• Performed office support work such as scanning, printing, faxing and filing important documents
• Managed office supplies and equipment inventory and ensured that any low stock instances were communicated to the procurement manager
• Took and recorded minutes of the meeting and distributed them to managers and staff members as appropriate
Del Frisco’s Group, Oshkosh, WI | 2005 – 2011
• Created and filed records of employees, management staff members and clients
• Handled printing, faxing and scanning jobs and ensured that all documents were properly and accurately placed back in their files
• Prepared correspondence according to provided instructions and ensured that incoming mail was properly distributed
• Handled the PABX system by taking calls, providing information, relaying messages and transferring calls
• Assisted with bookkeeping activities by providing information on timesheets and workers’ hours
Some College, Oshkosh, WI | 2004
Specialized Courses in Office Administration
High School Diploma | 2003
Oshkosh High School, Oshkosh, WI
• CRM and Customer Service Software
• MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Outlook and Email
• Database including Access