An administrative assistant is responsible for providing ongoing secretarial and clerical support to an office. In essence, administrative assistants are required to be jacks-of-all-trades and are expected to perform a huge array of administrative tasks including answering phone calls, providing preliminary information to customers, maintaining databases and filing systems, coordinating appointments and meetings and managing correspondence.
Since administrative assistants have a lot on their plates, they are required to be go-getters. Their communication skills need to be exceptional and they must possess perfect problem assessing and time management expertise. Additionally, they are required to be flexible in both their work and attitude along with possessing excellent customer service acumen.
All the qualities of an administrative assistant that we have discussed this far are usually reflected in his or her accomplishments. Employers tend to be more inclined towards candidates who have something to show off as an achievement in a previous work place.
Let us have a look at some examples of accomplishment statements of an administrative assistant which can be used effectively in resume. These sample phrases will give you a clear idea what to write in the achievements section of your resume.
• Provided exceptional support to managers and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 30%
• Achieved appreciation letter for arranging team meetings and publishing accurate minutes
• Coordinated team events and town hall activities at the best yet economical locations – saved expenses by 40%
• Trained 15 newly hired staff members
• Provided backup support to other departments which was highly admired by the General Manager
• Accelerated the appointment system at ABC Company by incorporating an interactive calendar thereby resulting in hassle-free appointment logging
• Collaborated with other departments of company to centralize the customer database for easy retrieval of information
• Demonstrated excellent abilities in customer orientation by assisting the marketing department in promotional activities and campaigns
• Introduced a user friendly electronic filing system which reduced file retrieval time by 30%
• Attained the title of Best Employee in 2010 following excellent customer feedback for providing outstanding tier one services