Administrative Associate Job Description
Many people confuse the position of an administrative associate and that of an administrative assistant. While the position of an administrative assistant requires an employee to perform clerical tasks, administrative associates perform managerial duties primarily. They work with office budgets and even assist in administering company policies.
Essentially administrative associates oversee the daily operations of a department, manage event coordination activities and are even a strong part of the fiscal planning of an organization. They are also expected to manage staff in terms of scheduling and conflicts.
Administrative Associate Resume Tips
Your résumé for an Administrative Associate position is a great opportunity to show your relevant career goal, qualifications, experience, skills, and ambitions. It is a good method of communicating your expertise to a potential employer. The résumé conveys to recruiters what you can deliver, specifically that you can perform all related tasks in the most efficient way.
Because the majority of companies receive loads of applications for Administrative Associate position, your résumé need do something extra. In order to be successful, your resume must:
• Show that you are competent enough to perform administration tasks effectively
• Incorporate keywords and terminology from the administration field
• Highlight your major qualifications and strengths
• Offer details regarding your experience and accomplishments
• Present the most positive image of you
The following example can help you write an Administrative Associate resume in keeping with all the above mentioned points.
Administrative Associate Resume Sample
355 Bishop Road ● Mullica Hill, NJ 77888 ● (020) 999-9999 ● Email
|Profile||● Over 5 years’ experience as an administrative associate
● Recognized skills in monitoring account expenditures
● Working knowledge of managing office within the guideline set for budgets
● Understanding of providing administrative support to supervisors
● In depth knowledge of coordinating recruitment activities
● Ability to prioritize and arrange meetings and conferences
● Able to serve as a liaison between the company and external agencies
|Achievements||● Proactive staff management initiatives led to increase in morale across all departments
● Reorganized the calendar maintenance system which led to organized scheduling systems within the company
|Employment||Valley Inc., New Jersey, NJ||2009 – Pres|
● Manage staff scheduling and management
|Valley Inc., New Jersey, NJ||2007 – 2009|
● Managed correspondence and distribute mail
|Education||New York State University, New York, NY
Associate of Business Administration