A company’s finance department requires the services of many individuals. Each one has his or her own work charted out, and each contributor is important. The position of an accounting clerk is one such important role in a company.
Accounting clerks handle many aspects of a company’s financial transactions such as compiling invoices, verifying business transactions and maintaining account records. This is a position of very high responsibility as it revolves around managing money. They also perform complex activities such as calculating interests on loans and managing account statements. Apart from this, they also manage accounts receivables and payables and banking and auditing duties.
Career Path and Scope
Accounting clerks do not usually need a degree in finance or accounting as most companies hire high school graduates. However, if you do possess a degree, your chances of moving up the career ladder are quite high. Most accounting clerks are provided with on-the-job training especially in accounting software that the company uses. They need to be absolutely detail-oriented as even a slight slip can lead to colossal financial losses. The need to be discreet and trustworthy is very important as a company’s entire financial future is usually dependent on accounting clerks.
So if you are looking for a career as an accounting clerk, the following resume objective examples could help you writing an effective objective:
For Experienced Candidates
• Highly experienced Accounting Clerk with a successful track record of handling diverse accounting issues within a fact paced environment. Seeking a relevant position to make the most of pertinent skills and expertise.
• Dedicated, analytical-minded accounting professional eager to work for with AFS as an Accounting Clerk. Bringing combination of accounting education and hands-on experience aimed at meeting the company’s financial management aims.
• To obtain employment as an Accounting Clerk with Maclean Fogg. Offering analytic thinking along with the ability to perform accounting and finance tasks with minimal supervision. Hands-on experience in ERP systems and other complex accounts management and financial transactions software.
For Entry Level Candidates
• Self-motivated and energetic individual looking for a position as an Accounting Clerk with Tampa Times. Offering proficiency in handling bookkeeping activities with a high level of accuracy and discretion along with manual dexterity required to handle data entry tasks.
• Looking for a position as an Accounting Clerk with Hilton Hotel and Resorts utilizing knowledge of handling bookkeeping activities in accordance to the company’s protocols and procedures.
• Seeking a position as an Accounting Clerk with RC Wiley using expertise in handling transaction details and accuracy of accounts by employing organization skills and detail orientation.